Wednesday 18 June 2014

Women on the verge of a nervous breakdown film response



The film is about a women who has recently broken up with her lover, Ivan, but does not know why, so she decides to find out. Her journey starts to become complicated with her friend running from the law, her lover's son  and fiancée visit her house to view it, in which the Ivan's son is roped in, police arrive at her house because a serious phone call was made about a terrorist attack  and her lovers psychotic wife is out to kill Ivan.
 
For a 'world cinema' film, by Pedro Almodóvar, in Spanish, I did enjoy this film. The story line, though complicated at times, was, in my case, simple to understand. It had my attention from the start, with no dull moments and showing many emotional states and relationship issues  that international women can relate to, as it is  female heavy. However I feel that I cannot write anything else about this film because I am not sure whether or not that I have fully understood the whole context or any of the themes/issues involved within this story, though I enjoyed it, I still feel I am missing out a lot of information, but then again that may just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment